From: Bob I on

Lil' Abner wrote:
> Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> I'm seeing a Bing Search bar at the top.
> Down further, "Ask A Question"
> Then....
> Windows XP
> Desktop and Personalization
> Hardware and drivers
> Performance and maintenance
> Install, upgrade and activate
> Programs
> Music and sound
> Pictures and video
> Windows XP Security, privacy, and User Accounts
> Networking, Mail, and Getting Online
> Files, Folders, and Search
> System Repair and Recovery
> Internet Explorer
> Windows Update
> Gaming
> TV and Movies on Windows
>
> To me that means you have to pick a category before you can make a post,
> Suppose I have a question that doesn't quite qualify for any of them. So
> then I'll try to post it in one of them that I *think* someone in the
> know is watching. In newsgroups, everyone sees them all.

Sigh, no everyone does NOT see them ALL. People only see the postings in
the SPECIFIC newsgroup they are monitoring.

From: Lil' Abner on

> Lil' Abner wrote:
>> Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
>>
>> I'm seeing a Bing Search bar at the top.
>> Down further, "Ask A Question"
>> Then....
>> Windows XP
>> Desktop and Personalization
>> Hardware and drivers
>> Performance and maintenance
>> Install, upgrade and activate
>> Programs
>> Music and sound
>> Pictures and video
>> Windows XP Security, privacy, and User Accounts
>> Networking, Mail, and Getting Online
>> Files, Folders, and Search
>> System Repair and Recovery
>> Internet Explorer
>> Windows Update
>> Gaming
>> TV and Movies on Windows
>>
>> To me that means you have to pick a category before you can make a
>> post, Suppose I have a question that doesn't quite qualify for any of
>> them. So then I'll try to post it in one of them that I *think*
>> someone in the know is watching. In newsgroups, everyone sees them
>> all.
>>

> Sigh, no everyone does NOT see them ALL. People only see the postings
> in the SPECIFIC newsgroup they are monitoring.

Sigh, ALL the categories listed above are in the XP FORUM (not
newsgroup).
In the windowsxp.general NEWSGROUP you just post. You don't have to pick
a category. Your subject line takes care of that.
In the XP FORUM, you have to pick a category before you can post. Not
everyone sees it unless they read ALL of the sub-categories.
I might as well be arguing with my wife.... :-)

--
--- Everybody has a right to my opinion. ---
From: Bob I on

Lil' Abner wrote:
> Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
>

>>Lil' Abner wrote:
>>
>>>Bob I <birelan(a)yahoo.com> wrote in
>>>
>>>I'm seeing a Bing Search bar at the top.
>>>Down further, "Ask A Question"
>>>Then....
>>>Windows XP
>>> Desktop and Personalization
>>> Hardware and drivers
>>> Performance and maintenance
>>> Install, upgrade and activate
>>> Programs
>>> Music and sound
>>> Pictures and video
>>> Windows XP Security, privacy, and User Accounts
>>> Networking, Mail, and Getting Online
>>> Files, Folders, and Search
>>> System Repair and Recovery
>>> Internet Explorer
>>> Windows Update
>>> Gaming
>>> TV and Movies on Windows
>>>
>>>To me that means you have to pick a category before you can make a
>>>post, Suppose I have a question that doesn't quite qualify for any of
>>>them. So then I'll try to post it in one of them that I *think*
>>>someone in the know is watching. In newsgroups, everyone sees them
>>>all.
>>>

>>Sigh, no everyone does NOT see them ALL. People only see the postings
>>in the SPECIFIC newsgroup they are monitoring.
>

> Sigh, ALL the categories listed above are in the XP FORUM (not
> newsgroup).
> In the windowsxp.general NEWSGROUP you just post. You don't have to pick
> a category. Your subject line takes care of that.
> In the XP FORUM, you have to pick a category before you can post. Not
> everyone sees it unless they read ALL of the sub-categories.
> I might as well be arguing with my wife.... :-)

I take that to mean you are completely unaware of all the OTHER
WindowsXP newsgroups people post to! As to the wife, yep, yer still
wrong. <grin>
As to picking a category, just take a shot at it, they (moderators) will
move it to a "more correct" one if appropriate, and you may just get the
answer in the one you pick anyway.

From: Eddie on

> As to picking a category, just take a shot at it, they (moderators) will
> move it to a "more correct" one if appropriate, and you may just get the
> answer in the one you pick anyway.

I'd like to know who 'They' are? Did micro blow its nose and all of a
sudden some mystical magical MVP's appeared? Are they being paid?

Long live ng's.

Ed
From: Bob I on
It certainly "reads" like a form letter.