From: Rob on
Lately, Windows will mot shut down when using Start/Shut Down on the first
try, even after giving it a few minutes. It works on the second or third
time.

I'm running XP Pro SP3 on a 1.8 GHZ M/B. 1mb RAM, `60gb HD. Done all
hardware and software upgrades, run full virus scan, used Megabytes and
Spybot.Checked Device Driver for problems and found okay.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Rob

From: Steve Miller on

"Rob" <qwerty2222(a)email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:z2bnn.74339$wr5.7265(a)newsfe22.iad...
> Lately, Windows will mot shut down when using Start/Shut Down on the first try, even after giving it a few minutes. It works on
> the second or third time.
>
> I'm running XP Pro SP3 on a 1.8 GHZ M/B. 1mb RAM, `60gb HD. Done all hardware and software upgrades, run full virus scan, used
> Megabytes and Spybot.Checked Device Driver for problems and found okay.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Rob

Hi Rob, I came by your post. I'm afraid I don't have a clue for you. But funnily
enough, on my computer Windows attempts to shut down all the time it is being
booted.

Steve

From: Jim on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:46:51 -0700, "Rob" <qwerty2222(a)email.com>
wrote:

>Lately, Windows will mot shut down when using Start/Shut Down on the first
>try, even after giving it a few minutes. It works on the second or third
>time.
>
>I'm running XP Pro SP3 on a 1.8 GHZ M/B. 1mb RAM, `60gb HD. Done all
>hardware and software upgrades, run full virus scan, used Megabytes and
>Spybot.Checked Device Driver for problems and found okay.
>
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks
>Rob

Corrupt software ; Skype system ?
From: BillyBob on
"Steve Miller" <misterblues39(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Rob" <qwerty2222(a)email.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Lately, Windows will mot shut down when using Start/Shut Down on the
>> first try, even after giving it a few minutes. It works on the second or
>> third time.
>>
>> I'm running XP Pro SP3 on a 1.8 GHZ M/B. 1mb RAM, `60gb HD. Done all
>> hardware and software upgrades, run full virus scan, used Megabytes and
>> Spybot.Checked Device Driver for problems and found okay.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>> Thanks
>> Rob
>>

> Hi Rob, I came by your post. I'm afraid I don't have a clue for you.

Then why post ? This isn't a bloody chatroom. You *are* clueless.

> But funnily enough, on my computer Windows attempts to shut down
> all the time it is being booted.

Yeah, LOL. We're happy for you. Go back to your room, kid.

From: Paul on
Rob wrote:
> Lately, Windows will mot shut down when using Start/Shut Down on the first
> try, even after giving it a few minutes. It works on the second or third
> time.
>
> I'm running XP Pro SP3 on a 1.8 GHZ M/B. 1mb RAM, `60gb HD. Done all
> hardware and software upgrades, run full virus scan, used Megabytes and
> Spybot.Checked Device Driver for problems and found okay.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Rob

You could try UPHClean.