From: kriosman on
Hi all, i have a big problem in my network.
I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 configured as DC, DNS and DHCP server and a
Windows SBS server configured as exchange server and DNS server.
When i control the event log i often find this error :
Il master ha ricevuto un annuncio server dal computer XXXXXX che ritiene di
essere il master per il dominio sul trasporto NetBT_Tcpip_{. Il master sta
per essere arrestato o si sta forzando un'elezione.
Someone can help me please?

From: Sammy Barras on
Hello,

unhopefully I'm not able to speak Italian (it's a pitty, because italian is
a so beautifull language, isn't it?) but my google friend help me to
transform this :

Il master ha ricevuto un annuncio server dal computer XXXXXX che ritiene di
essere il master per il dominio sul trasporto NetBT_Tcpip_{. Il master sta
per essere arrestato o si sta forzando un'elezione.

into that :

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer
XXXXXX that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on
transport NetBT_Tcpip. The master browser is stopping or an election is
being forced

Hmm, it seems to be related with netbios or PDC trouble.

After some research, I've found this topic
(http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1728457.php), one guy advise to
stop the computer browser service as a workaround. Maybe you could try it in
a first time as a "first-aid" action.

Good luck.

"kriosman" <invalid.kriosman(a)gmail.com.invalid> a �crit dans le message de
groupe de discussion : uG8yqnLELHA.4316(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello kriosman,

I assume the SBS server is also DC, otherwise it will stop working after
7 days. the SBS machine must also have all FSMO roles.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.