From: Kishor Yadav on
Hi all,
I am using IBM HS20 blade server and installed windows server 2003 std.
edition, terminal services, citrix metaframe xp fr3.

I tried installing service pack 1 on my server, it went successful and asked
me to restart the server.

After I gave restart command, it doesn't come up and hanged during initial
booting and hanged at acpitabl.dat. even i am not able to boot it from safe
mode.

Kindly help me, my server has crashed and i m in big trouble.

Thanks in advance,
Kishor Yadav.
From: Peter Foldes on
Are you capable to open in Safe Mode. acpitabl.dat does not belong to
Windows.

--
Peter

Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.

From: Kishor Yadav on
Thanks peter.
No I am not able to open in safe mode too.
I tried searching this file in working servers (without service pack1) but
no file like acpi*.dat was found.

From: Laurent Kempé on
Hello Kishor,

I am currently facing the same issue, as you can read on my blog:
http://weblogs.asp.net/lkempe/archive/2005/04/04/397084.aspx
"Issue with my W2k3 server after SP1 installation
The server is booting till the w2k3 boot screen then it resets and reboot
in a loop.
Booting in safe mode ends with the same effect. When I boot in safe mode
I can see that the last thing that is loaded is acpitabl.dat
So I went to the BIOS and configured the BIOS with setting saying that the
OS is not ACPI. Now when I reboot I get the DOS progress bar before the W2K3
booting logo and it locks at the end of the progress bar.

I would really appreciate some help. Thanks."

I also booted with the option do not reboot on system failure and I get this
error message:
"STOP: c0000021a Fatal System Error
The Non-Dll file included in KnowDLL list. System process terminated unexpectedly
with a status of 0xc00036f
The system has been shut down"

Did you find something to solve that problem ?

Anyone can help us, please.

Best Regards,
---
Laurent Kempý - lkempe(a)netcourrier.com
Tech Head Brothers - http://www.TechHeadBrothers.com
Blog - http://weblogs.asp.net/lkempe
[Microsoft ASP.NET MVP]

> Thanks peter.
> No I am not able to open in safe mode too.
> I tried searching this file in working servers (without service pack1)
> but
> no file like acpi*.dat was found.
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
>> Are you capable to open in Safe Mode. acpitabl.dat does not belong
>> to Windows.
>>
>> -- Peter
>>
>> Please reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others.
>> "Kishor Yadav" <KishorYadav(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>>> Hi all,
>>> I am using IBM HS20 blade server and installed windows server 2003
>>> std.
>>> edition, terminal services, citrix metaframe xp fr3.
>>> I tried installing service pack 1 on my server, it went successful
>>> and
>>> asked
>>> me to restart the server.
>>> After I gave restart command, it doesn't come up and hanged during
>>> initial
>>> booting and hanged at acpitabl.dat. even i am not able to boot it
>>> from
>>> safe

From: Kishor Yadav on
Hello Laurent,
We have found the solution and my server is up and running now.
It is the BIOS who is responsible for this error.
Please update your server's BIOS with latest available and restart server,
it should work.
Regards.