From: Murphy13 on
windows updates have failled when system tried to automatically install
I have tried to install each separately also only failure.
-Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family
update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
-Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158)

I do not see them under Add/Remove programs

I have Windows XP Home ver5.1 SP3
Microsoft .NET Frame 3.5 SP1
in Add/Remove still see SP1.1,2.0,3.0 for Microsoft .NET
Auto updates are on for Windows
NO McAfee
Have AVG Free 9.0.829 version
window office 2007 powerpoint,access,groove,outlook publisher word excel

DSL ATT connection to internet firewall is on
2.67 GHz 992mb RAM
From: Ǝиçεl on
See the "How to obtain help" section of, e.g.,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982158>

(1-866-727-2338; and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates. When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB982158).

Or you can...

Start a free Windows Update support incident email request:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527>

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following page for assistance:
https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/>

your usual support contacts.