From: Parastoo on
Hi ,
Whenever that I want to update my Windows I got following error message :

The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem

Could you do a favor and let me know how I could update my XP system ?

From: someone on

From: MowGreen on

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Parastoo wrote:
> Hi ,
> Whenever that I want to update my Windows I got following error message :
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem
>

> Could you do a favor and let me know how I could update my XP system ?

Go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad724ae0-e72d-4f54-9ab3-75b8eb148356&DisplayLang=en

Download and *save* the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MRT).
When the download completes, ** disconnect the system from the
internet ***.
Configure the system to boot to a Clean state:

How to configure Windows XP to start in a "clean boot" state
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

Run the MRT now ( windows-kb890830-v3.7.exe )
It may take awhile to run.
When the scan is finished, post back with what was detected.

IF NOTHING was detected by the MRT, while * still in the Clean boot
state *, open Windows Firewall in the Control Panel. Ensure that the
native XP Firewall is On. If it is, then reconnect the system to the
internet and then go here:

How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Click the Fixit button and ** save ** MicrosoftFixit50202.msi, do NOT
run it with Internet Explorer open.
When the download completes run the Fixit and choose the Aggressive
option. Restart after it's finished running whether you are prompted to
or not.

The system should still be in the *Clean boot state now*. See if it can
access Windows Update now.

If it can, then UNdo the Clean boot steps and visit Windows Update to
see if the system can access the update site and search for updates.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
From: Ǝиçεl on
Parastoo,

“The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem”

Well, if the problem is with the website, just wait a while and try again. I
have seen this error before, and it usually clears up in a few hours.

“The options provided below might help you solve the problem”.

What options are being provided, and have you tried them yet?

Any other errors number
-=-

First clear up your Temp File/Cache, Restart the computer and try again.
Best and easier to use - CCleaner.

Reboot and Re-setting the Windows Update components with the Aggressive part
of the Fix

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058>

Reboot

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"Parastoo" wrote:

> Hi ,
> Whenever that I want to update my Windows I got following error message :
>
> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem
>

> Could you do a favor and let me know how I could update my XP system ?

Pages: 1
Prev: Micro soft updates
Next: update failed (KB976321)