From: Geoff Schaller on
<rofl>

See what happens when you don't show us the code?
We're all guessing.

You need this line of code because this is where WM_SETICON is executed
- please see the SDK. You can of course call this API yourself but as we
all assumed you'd followed a normal application template, we're not
asking you the right questions.

SendMessage(SELF:handle(), WM_SETICON, ICON_BIG, LONG(_CAST, hIcon))
SendMessage(SELF:handle(), WM_SETICON, ICON_SMALL, LONG(_CAST, hIcon))

This sets either icon and the useful thing about doing it yourself is
that you can change and restore the icon at runtime because the return
value of this function is the former icon handle. Why? Imagine you want
to change the icon on the task bar due to an error or warning condition.

This can be quite useful and informative to the user.

When the app launches, other people change the icon to an 'already
running' version to help them know not to start it again.

Geoff

From: Carlos Rocha on
Useful code, thank you. My next step would be to look for something
like that.

The problem was that W7 uses the window icon to show in the Taskband,
not the application icon (what makes sense).
Well, learning all the time.

--
Carlos Rocha
First  |  Prev  |