From: TerribleTim on
Same problems here with an HP Pavillion DV6500 with Vista Home Entertainment
addition. Problems you discribe are exactly the same and started late Nov./09
and cannot find a solution.

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"robot2235(a)gmail.com" <robot2235gmail.com.445dod(a)no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

6/26/2007 11:30 AM PST
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=WindowsUpdate_8000FFFF+&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=132125cd-3159-4301-b96b-18d6d3c32fe7&mid=ad159cb8-17f1-4cc5-ac74-0f31d4bc9478

> Just encountered same issues. Tried solution from Cloventrout dates Sep 30

Cloventrout? Not in this thread?

Oh. This whole post is a duplicate of one from 2007!

12/4/2007 8:10 AM PST
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&mid=3ae07282-4c2d-4b2c-a927-654665012ac7&sloc=en-us

> as follows:
> 1. Click on Start and in the Search box type in regedit.
> 2. A new program will be listed in the same window. now right click the
> regedit program and then select the option run as administrator.
> 3. Now go into HKLM\COMPONENTS and check if these three values exist
> under
> the COMPONENT Key
> 1. PendingXmidentifier
> 2. NextQueueEntryIndex
> 3. AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving
> I do not have the HKLM\COMPONENTS in the program so this solution does
> not
> work for me. Any other solutions to this problem ?

As I mentioned previously (in fact in response to the message that this clones)
that must be a specific example of the symptom for a different cause
than the one posters in this thread are probably having.
So you will have to do your own diagnosis and find your own resolution.

Good luck

Robert
---

Now I see that this was not a request for help at all
but just a spammer adding his signature to an old post.

; ]

From: Ditto on
Why am I talking to fellow users???????
These posts indicate this is a VERY OLD problem Why isn't Windows Vista
people involved???
Apparently that just ignore us--it is easier that way

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
You chose to reply to a thread from June 2007. Why?

No one here represents or works for Microsoft.

Ditto wrote:
> Why am I talking to fellow users???????
> These posts indicate this is a VERY OLD problem Why isn't Windows Vista
> people involved???
> Apparently that just ignore us--it is easier that way
<blithersnippage>
From: Michael on
Ditto!

--