From: Topgeeza on
Hi,
I get an errorwhen trying to do a Windows Update. The error is "Windows
could not search for new updates , errors found Code C004D302"

Can anyone help with this please?
Cheers
Neil.
From: Gistcheckin on
See if this helps:
http://geekswithblogs.net/steveclements/archive/2007/04/18/Vista-Windows-Update-not-working-on-a-domain.aspx

You might also try disabling the GPO setting

How to edit the GPO that disable " specify intranet Microsoft update service
location"

1.Run mmc->File->Add/Remove Snap-in->Find "Group Policy Object
Editor"->Add->Local machine->Finish->OK
2.Set the Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows
Components->Windows Update "specify intranet Microsoft update service
location" as not configured.
3.Update again.
4.OK, the issue should be resolved.

--
Gistcheckin

From: Topgeeza on
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. However, my pc's not part of a domain (it's in a
workgroup) and there's no Group Policies either on my machine, so i'm unable
to load "group policy object' as it's not an available snap-in.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Cheers
Neil.

From: Gistcheckin on
Yes. Would you mind posting your Windows Update log regarding the error?
--
Gistcheckin