From: nospam on
"Mark Adams" <MarkAdams(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99DBCDFB-8AE2-4E77-B77A-B1A24CA66402(a)microsoft.com...

> "Lou Ingwersen" wrote:
>
>> Peter, My CD reader reads other CDs correctly so I think the driver is
>> working from that standpoint. I would make a copy of the XPpro CD if I could
>> get other PCs to read it. I will try that route. Thanks for the suggestions.
>> --Lou
>

> Download and install ISO Recorder. Use ISO Recorder to make a copy of your
> XP install CD. If ISO Recorder cannot copy the disk, or if the CD drive
> cannot read the copy, I would suspect there is a problem with your CD drive.
> It might be time to start shopping for a new one.

Another possible culprit is copy protection drivers that are sometimes
installed by games. These drivers interfere with normal CD/DVD drive
operation (Starforce and Securom come to mind but there are others
like older versions of Roxio), and a few remain installed even after the
games themselves are uninstalled.

That said, if device manager and the registry looks good, try another
drive.

>> > "Lou Ingwersen" <lii(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> >>

>> .

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Windows installer problem