From: Lou Ingwersen on
I have a licensed OEM MSWindowsXPpro SP1 CD that I used to get on
WindowsXPpro and after upgrading to SP3 and all the security patches, my
system is not reading the old SP1 CD. I have had this problem for a number
of years and have search everywhere I could possibly search, but to no
avail. The same problem happened with my OfficeXPpro CD as well. I put it in
the drive and the system just keeps blinking the read lamp on my CD drive
but nother seems to happen. Any ideas what changed in later service packs
that could have caused this to happen?
Thanks,
--Lou

From: C on
Lou Ingwersen wrote:
> I have a licensed OEM MSWindowsXPpro SP1 CD that I used to get on
> WindowsXPpro and after upgrading to SP3 and all the security patches, my
> system is not reading the old SP1 CD. I have had this problem for a number
> of years and have search everywhere I could possibly search, but to no
> avail. The same problem happened with my OfficeXPpro CD as well. I put it in
> the drive and the system just keeps blinking the read lamp on my CD drive
> but nother seems to happen. Any ideas what changed in later service packs
> that could have caused this to happen?
> Thanks,
> --Lou

Make a copy and use that. I did that recently with a copy of XP Pro and
the copy was recognized and XP got installed without a hitch.

From: Peter Foldes on
According to your post Your CD reader has expired. Time to change it to a new one.

--
Peter

From: Lou Ingwersen on
Peter, My CD reader reads other CDs correctly so I think the driver is
working from that standpoint. I would make a copy of the XPpro CD if I could
get other PCs to read it. I will try that route. Thanks for the suggestions.
--Lou

From: Mark Adams on

"Lou Ingwersen" wrote:

> Peter, My CD reader reads other CDs correctly so I think the driver is
> working from that standpoint. I would make a copy of the XPpro CD if I could
> get other PCs to read it. I will try that route. Thanks for the suggestions.
> --Lou

Download and install ISO Recorder. Use ISO Recorder to make a copy of your
XP install CD. If ISO Recorder cannot copy the disk, or if the CD drive
cannot read the copy, I would suspect there is a problem with your CD drive.
It might be time to start shopping for a new one.

> "Peter Foldes" <okf22(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > According to your post Your CD reader has expired. Time to change it to a
> > new one.
> >
> > --
> > Peter
> >
> > Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
> > Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
> >
> > "Lou Ingwersen" <lii(a)bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> >>I have a licensed OEM MSWindowsXPpro SP1 CD that I used to get on
> >>WindowsXPpro and after upgrading to SP3 and all the security patches, my
> >>system is not reading the old SP1 CD. I have had this problem for a number
> >>of years and have search everywhere I could possibly search, but to no
> >>avail. The same problem happened with my OfficeXPpro CD as well. I put it
> >>in the drive and the system just keeps blinking the read lamp on my CD
> >>drive but nother seems to happen. Any ideas what changed in later service
> >>packs that could have caused this to happen?
> >> Thanks,
> >> --Lou
> >>

> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last