From: Gordon Darling on
July 30, 2010

The Wine development release 1.3.0 is now available.

What's new in this release:
Beginnings of a user interface for the builtin Internet Explorer.
Support for cross-process OLE drag & drop.
New builtin wscript.exe (Windows Script Host) program.
Open/save dialogs remember the last used directory.
Translation updates.
Various bug fixes.

The source is available now. Binary packages are in the process of being
built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.

http://www.winehq.org/

"About Wine

Wine lets you run Windows software on other operating systems. With Wine,
you can install and run these applications just like you would in Windows.

Wine is still under active development. Not every program works yet,
however there are already several million people using Wine to run their
software.
Open Source and User Driven

Wine will always be free software. Approximately half of Wine's source
code is written by volunteers. The rest is sponsored by commercial
interests, especially Codeweavers who sell a supported version of Wine.

Wine is heavily reliant on its user community. User tests fill our
Application Database to track how well programs work, and all the answers
in the forums come from volunteers."

Regards
Gordon

--
ox·y·mo·ron
n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra or ox·y·mo·rons
From: Craig on
On 08/02/2010 02:49 AM, Gordon Darling wrote:
> What's new in this release:
> Beginnings of a user interface for the builtin Internet Explorer.

As long as it's v7 or higher...

--
-Craig
From: Gordon Darling on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 06:24:49 -0700, Craig wrote:

> On 08/02/2010 02:49 AM, Gordon Darling wrote:
>> What's new in this release:
>> Beginnings of a user interface for the builtin Internet Explorer.
>
> As long as it's v7 or higher...

Ah, but ...........

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1725908/uk-government-sticks-ie6

Regards
Gordon

From: Craig on
On 08/02/2010 07:01 AM, Gordon Darling wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 06:24:49 -0700, Craig wrote:
>
>> On 08/02/2010 02:49 AM, Gordon Darling wrote:
>>> What's new in this release: Beginnings of a user interface for
>>> the builtin Internet Explorer.
>>
>> As long as it's v7 or higher...
>
> Ah, but ...........
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1725908/uk-government-sticks-ie6

Wow. From the article...

> Actually, sticking with IE6 is all to do with the fact that the
> government thinks it will cost money to move to anything newer. At
> the moment the government is not keen on spending anything even if it
> could save the country a fortune when hackers start to take down
> whole government departments using IE 6 as an attack vector.

Must be an Anglo-American thing then because we have the exact same
blind spot (in a lot of local governments here).

--
-Craig