From: leehanken on
Hello, I have bought a new EI System 3086 laptop. It has hotkeys for
wireless, internet explorer and mail.

When windows starts up wireless is disabled. It is only enabled by
pressing the wireless hotkey. How do I make wireless enabled by default?

From: DeeBee on

"leehanken" <leehanken(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I have bought a new EI System 3086 laptop. It has hotkeys for
> wireless, internet explorer and mail.
>
> When windows starts up wireless is disabled. It is only enabled by
> pressing the wireless hotkey. How do I make wireless enabled by default?

Do you know what wireless network adapter is fitted? have a look in device
manager and it should tell you.

DeeBee

From: leehanken on

DeeBee wrote:
> "leehanken" <leehanken(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I have bought a new EI System 3086 laptop. It has hotkeys for
> > wireless, internet explorer and mail.
> >
> > When windows starts up wireless is disabled. It is only enabled by
> > pressing the wireless hotkey. How do I make wireless enabled by default?
> >

> Do you know what wireless network adapter is fitted? have a look in device
> manager and it should tell you.
>
> DeeBee

According to the sticker it is Intel Pro/Wireless 3945abg

Device manager says Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11g 54 Mbps USB 2.0