From: john1987 on
Hi,

I need to calculate that how much power density is required on the
transmitter side coil to transmit 300mWatts of power wirelessly to
the receiving coil of radius 1inch square.Can anybody advice?

John
From: Greegor on
On Jul 5, 5:46 pm, john1987 <conphil...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to calculate that how much power density is required on the
> transmitter  side coil to transmit 300mWatts of power  wirelessly  to
> the receiving coil of radius 1inch square.Can anybody advice?
>
> John

power density?
From: john1987 on

yes, watts / square meters

Thanks
From: Jamie on
john1987 wrote:

> yes, watts / square meters
>
> Thanks
are you referring to the gap between the 2 coils that are not physically
on the same form, that effects the M (mutual inductance) ?

From: Paul Hovnanian P.E. on
john1987 wrote:

> yes, watts / square meters

So, why did you give us the diameter in inches? Who do you think we are?
NASA?

Dp-primary = 300 mWatts power density in Watts per sq meters
----------
Ap * K

where Ap = primary (transmitter) coil area in meters^2 = 5.2E-4 for 1
inch diameter
and K = coupling coefficient

--
Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul(a)Hovnanian.com
Opinions stated herein are the sole property of the author. Standard
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Hot dog?
Next: Help converting simple schematic to 110v