Prev: Tor problem
Next: RPM Query
From: Martin Gregorie on
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:46:43 +0000, Chris Davies wrote:

> But it still feels a little like having a
> knife-opener bolted onto the side of, say, a DVD player, so you can open
> the package in which you've received a DVD.

I agree, but that's all a search for "Transport Neutral Encapsulation
Format" came up with.

> tshark -r winmail.dat
>
> Or is that too obvious?

I tried that and got a complaint about winmail.dat not having a
recognisable capture format.

A closer look at the man page says the -r option makes tshark read in
previously saved capture files for analysis, but thanks anyway.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
From: Nix on
On 27 Nov 2009, Martin Gregorie verbalised:
> Nix: I should have thought of the netcat trick, which I'll certainly
> play with as part of learning about Wireshark.

If you want something more featureful than netcat, try socat. Upsides:
it's maintained, it can route streams from and to anything you've ever
imagined that has gone anywhere near an fd, and has many options.
Downside: it has so *very* many options that your brain will dribble
out of your ears.
From: Martin Gregorie on
On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 22:01:23 +0000, Nix wrote:

> On 27 Nov 2009, Martin Gregorie verbalised:
>> Nix: I should have thought of the netcat trick, which I'll certainly
>> play with as part of learning about Wireshark.
>
> If you want something more featureful than netcat, try socat. Upsides:
> it's maintained, it can route streams from and to anything you've ever
> imagined that has gone anywhere near an fd, and has many options.
> Downside: it has so *very* many options that your brain will dribble out
> of your ears.

Installed it (its a Fedora extra). You're right, my brain is bleeding,
but it looks useful.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK