From: jlk-office on
I have MS Office 2007 Small Business running on Vista Home Premium.

For months I have been using the "Save as PDF/XPS" option to save my word
documents as PDF files.

All of a sudden (started just yesterday 9/5/2008), when I click on the
publish button within the "save as PDF dialog", I get the error:

"This file is in use by another application or user."

- I have tried creating a new word document and I still get this error when
I try to save-as pdf.
- I have tried opening a document that previously was able to be
saved-as-a-pdf, and it no longer works either.
- I have tried saving from other office applications (excel, powerpoint)
that also get errors now.
- I have rebooted
- I have searched for read lock files to no avail

I have not personally installed any new software that I recall between when
this worked and stopped working for me.

As far as I can tell there have been no updates explicitly for save-as-pdf
in office [from automatic updates].

From: jlk-office on
I meant to ask if anyone is out there that is experiencing the same problem
or if anyone has any ideas...?

Thanks.

From: Bob Buckland ?:-) on
Hi jlk,

Please see the reply to your duplicate posting in the Word Applications Error discussion group.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP