From: Jim H. on
I've been working on a .doc file created with my Word 97 SR-2. Everything was
going ok but then, my computer froze while I had the file open - cursor
wouldn't even move. I rebooted my machine and tried to open the file. I got
the following error message:

/!\
Word cannot open the document.
Try one or more of the following:
* On the File menu, click Open to open the document.
* Make sure the document has a .DOC extension.
(C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\...\XX.DOC)

I followed both suggestions and I've searched the archives for someone with
the same problem. I still have the problem. I have no problem opening up
other word files. I suspect the file is corrupted but can't tell if this is
the problem. Recovering this file would save me a lot of time. Anyone able to
help?

thx

--
Jim H.