From: Sesquipedalian Sam on
A couple of days ago, I started getting this error message

Word cannot start the converter mswrd632.wpc

Can anyone tell me what this is?

Sometimes it will pop up twice, sometimes 3 times.

I did a search on this phrase and found articles on Lotus Notes and
Mail Merge. I have never used Notes. I have never used Mail Merge on
this PC.

I'm running Office 2007 on Win XP. I believe I have all the latest
updates.
From: Terry Farrell on
See
http://blogs.technet.com/wordonenotesupport/archive/2009/12/10/when-opening-the-word-document-users-are-getting-error-word-cannot-start-the-convertor-mswrd632-wpc-or-cannot-load-word-for-windows-6-0-files.aspx

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

From: Danny on
Thanks for the link - I'm having the same problem. I tried to make the registry change described in the article, but did not have Wordpad at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
\Applets\Wordpad

Have you seen anything else that helped with this problem?

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.newusers/Word-cannot-start-the-converter-mswrd632.wpc
From: Matthew on
The cause of this error, for myself, has had nothing to do with Wordpad. When opening an Office '07 file in Office '03, with the compatibility pack installed on the system, this error is cropping up. The '07 files would open fine up to a couple days ago, so all the right software is on the machine.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.newusers/Word-cannot-start-the-converter-mswrd632.wpc
From: Sesquipedalian Sam on
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:53:10 -0000, "Terry Farrell"
<terryfarrell(a)msn.com> wrote:

>See
>http://blogs.technet.com/wordonenotesupport/archive/2009/12/10/when-opening-the-word-document-users-are-getting-error-word-cannot-start-the-convertor-mswrd632-wpc-or-cannot-load-word-for-windows-6-0-files.aspx

This article asks me to make a Registry change. I'd really rather not
do that. Is there any other fix?

This article says it may be caused by a security update. I suggest
MSFT needs to send out another update to fix the update. And then
actually do a little testing BEFORE they ship the updates. This is the
second time in a year or so that an update broke something that I know
of.

The error only seems to happen when I open a .doc document. I'm
running Office 2007.