From: azhz on
I am using Office 2003. Recently I received an email with a Word 2007
attachment (docx). I noticed that the icon for the attachment shows Excel
icon. When I double-click on the attachment, it launches Excel and I can only
see garbage as the document is a word document. I asked the sender to send to
another friend with Office 2003 but I can see the icon is in Word.

Has anyone ever had this before? Please help. Is there any setting on the PC
that I need to check? BTW, if the document is in Word 2003, no problem.
From: JoAnn Paules on
Your computer thinks it's supposed to use Excel to view a .docx.

How to change file associations in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

How do I... Change file extension associations in Windows Vista?
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6172036.html

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]