From: Bruno Desthuilliers on
gblais(a)cox.net a �crit :
> Or, you might want to look at two packages:
>
> xlrd
>
> pyExcelerator
>
> The first can "read" .xls files, and the second can write them. I've had
> great results with both.

That's fine, but since the OP is mainly using Excel for reformating a
csv file and saving it as a dbf file, I fail to see how these packages
would help...

From: Bruno Desthuilliers on
AleydisGP(a)gmail.com a �crit :
> Sorry for my little knowledge on Python. Actually my knowledge is
> specific for automating geo-processing tasks within ESRI environment,
> but sometimes I need to automate some other tasks (like this one) which
> require more in-depth knowledge of this language.

I would definitively not qualify function call syntax as "in-depth
knowledge"

http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html