From: allmhuran on
Thanks Mike, but I read here:

http://cdonner.com/setup-projects-with-sql-server-compact-edition-ce-databases.htm/comment-page-1#comment-5750

that the common app data folder is no longer writeable under windows
7. Can you confirm or deny that?
From: allmhuran on
I actually just tried this on my XP machine with a limited rights
user.

In the application, I load the datacontext thus:

db = new
FDDB.FDDB(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.CommonApplicationData)
+ "\\" + Application.ProductName + "\\FDDB.sdf")

In the setup project I created a custom folder on the target machine
with the following properties:

DefaultLocation = [CommonAppDataFolder]\[ProductName]
Property = COMMONAPPDATAFOLDER

I then attempted to run my program on my XP machine with a user who is
only a member of the "users" group.

The application fails when database access is attempted. The error is
"access to the database is not allowed".

So the common application data folder does not seem to work either.