From: Tim Wescott on
On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:00:15 -0600, Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

>> I'll be doing a literature search at the local Uni library -- even if
>> it's been published academically, there's always room for a new
>> tutorial, as long as it has my name on it.
>
> It is no big deal to build an analog of continuous time PLL in the
> software. However, one of the good things about software PLL is that you
> can implement optimal control algorithm in the loop instead of classic
> linear filter. Once I tried to do that; and it worked just wondeful;
> since then I became the staunch supporter of the modern control theory.

It's certainly one place where the plant behavior stays predictable
enough to have optimal control techniques do well.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
From: Rob Gaddi on
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 23:29:06 -0800 (PST)
Rune Allnor <allnor(a)tele.ntnu.no> wrote:

> On 13 Feb, 01:50, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
>
> > tim at wescottdesign dot com
> >
> > (if the spammers ever learn to read English we're doomed).
>
> n | One might attempt a rephrasing:
> a |
> m | name with someplace point domain.
> e |
> @ | Ought to be decodeable by humans.
> s |
> o | Another possibility is to write top - down
> m | in the margin, as I attempted at the side here.
> e | Just make sure to have phrased and spell-checked
> l | the post first - if you need to edit any substantial
> a | amount of editing after having included the margin
> c | text, as I did with this post, there is a *lot* more work!
> e |
> . | Rune
> d |
> o |
> m |

Weak puns always help as well.

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order
From: Tim Wescott on
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 23:29:06 -0800, Rune Allnor wrote:

> On 13 Feb, 01:50, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
>
>> tim at wescottdesign dot com
>>
>> (if the spammers ever learn to read English we're doomed).
>
> n | One might attempt a rephrasing:
> a |
> m | name with someplace point domain. e |
> @ | Ought to be decodeable by humans. s |
> o | Another possibility is to write top - down m | in the margin, as I
> attempted at the side here. e | Just make sure to have phrased and
> spell-checked l | the post first - if you need to edit any substantial a
> | amount of editing after having included the margin c | text, as I did
> with this post, there is a *lot* more work! e |
> . | Rune
> d |
> o |
> m |

Unless it's confounded by the other guy's newsgroup reader (you _did_ put
in line feeds on your side, yes?)

--
www.wescottdesign.com