From: Tim Wescott on
And email me. I dimly recall that someone suggested a software PLL
paper, and that you were getting shoved forward as a co-author (or even
volunteering).

At any rate, I'm going to see if I have time to start on this; if you're
interested in working with me on this let me know.

tim at wescottdesign dot com

(if the spammers ever learn to read English we're doomed).

--
www.wescottdesign.com
From: HardySpicer on
On Feb 13, 1:50 pm, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
> And email me.  I dimly recall that someone suggested a software PLL
> paper, and that you were getting shoved forward as a co-author (or even
> volunteering).
>
> At any rate, I'm going to see if I have time to start on this; if you're
> interested in working with me on this let me know.
>
> tim at wescottdesign dot com
>
> (if the spammers ever learn to read English we're doomed).
>
> --www.wescottdesign.com

Been done....to death!
From: Rune Allnor on
On 13 Feb, 01:50, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:

> tim at wescottdesign dot com
>
> (if the spammers ever learn to read English we're doomed).

n | One might attempt a rephrasing:
a |
m | name with someplace point domain.
e |
@ | Ought to be decodeable by humans.
s |
o | Another possibility is to write top - down
m | in the margin, as I attempted at the side here.
e | Just make sure to have phrased and spell-checked
l | the post first - if you need to edit any substantial
a | amount of editing after having included the margin
c | text, as I did with this post, there is a *lot* more work!
e |
.. | Rune
d |
o |
m |
From: Tim Wescott on
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 22:17:11 -0800, HardySpicer wrote:

> On Feb 13, 1:50 pm, Tim Wescott <t...(a)seemywebsite.com> wrote:
>> And email me.  I dimly recall that someone suggested a software PLL
>> paper, and that you were getting shoved forward as a co-author (or even
>> volunteering).
>>
>> At any rate, I'm going to see if I have time to start on this; if
>> you're interested in working with me on this let me know.
>>
>> tim at wescottdesign dot com
>>
>> (if the spammers ever learn to read English we're doomed).
>>
>> --www.wescottdesign.com
>
> Been done....to death!

References? I don't recall seeing articles, and the folks that mentioned
it in the thread in which the mention is buried obviously hadn't either.

I'll be doing a literature search at the local Uni library -- even if
it's been published academically, there's always room for a new tutorial,
as long as it has my name on it.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

Tim Wescott wrote:

>>>I dimly recall that someone suggested a software PLL
>>>paper,
> I'll be doing a literature search at the local Uni library -- even if
> it's been published academically, there's always room for a new tutorial,
> as long as it has my name on it.

It is no big deal to build an analog of continuous time PLL in the
software. However, one of the good things about software PLL is that you
can implement optimal control algorithm in the loop instead of classic
linear filter. Once I tried to do that; and it worked just wondeful;
since then I became the staunch supporter of the modern control theory.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com