From: Peter Dassow on
Peter Dassow wrote:
> That's not the whole truth. There was a special disk controller named
> "Catweazle", which made it possible to write also GCR coded Apple II
> disk images for example.

Small correction: It's written "Catweasel" (don't know why).
See also here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_Computers_Catweasel

Regards
Peter
From: Lars Haugseth on
* Peter Dassow <z80eu(a)arcor.de> wrote:

> Peter Dassow wrote:
>> That's not the whole truth. There was a special disk controller
>> named "Catweazle", which made it possible to write also GCR coded
>> Apple II disk images for example.
>
> Small correction: It's written "Catweasel" (don't know why).

Because weasel is spelled ...well, weasel?

--
Lars Haugseth
From: Peter Dassow on
Lars Haugseth wrote:
> * Peter Dassow <z80eu(a)arcor.de> wrote:
>> Peter Dassow wrote:
>>> That's not the whole truth. There was a special disk controller
>>> named "Catweazle", which made it possible to write also GCR coded
>>> Apple II disk images for example.
>> Small correction: It's written "Catweasel" (don't know why).
>
> Because weasel is spelled ...well, weasel?

Ok, I thought about a british TV series named "Catweazle"... I guess you
have never seen this.
From: Bill Garber on

"Peter Dassow" <z80eu(a)arcor.de> wrote in message
> Lars Haugseth wrote:
>> * Peter Dassow <z80eu(a)arcor.de> wrote:
>>> Small correction: It's written "Catweasel" (don't know why).
>>
>> Because weasel is spelled ...well, weasel?
>
> Ok, I thought about a british TV series named "Catweazle"... I guess you have never seen this.

"Poor Catweazle! All he wanted was a spell that would make him fly."

Gotta Love Google, right? :-)))))

Bill

From: Lars Haugseth on
* Peter Dassow <z80eu(a)arcor.de> wrote:

> Lars Haugseth wrote:
>> * Peter Dassow <z80eu(a)arcor.de> wrote:
>>> Small correction: It's written "Catweasel" (don't know why).
>>
>> Because weasel is spelled ...well, weasel?
>
> Ok, I thought about a british TV series named "Catweazle"... I guess
> you have never seen this.

I don't think I have, it was made the year I was born, so if I've seen
it I can't remember it. Your spelling comment makes a bit more sense
now though, thanks.

--
Lars Haugseth