From: Jim Brain on
Trying to fill a small gap, I'm working on a 3 slot expansion port
solution ala EX-3 of FB-EX3. Here is a first cut of the PCB design:

http://www.jbrain.com/vicug/gallery/xpansion/ext3_d

It contains the normal EX3/EX2+1 items, + the additions that Fotios put
on his FB-EX3.

Comments are appreciated. Some things I'm curious about:

* Is the switch location OK, or do people need them off to the side?
* Does anyone want a top slot for the 3rd slot? or is the back
entry desired?
* Any other features besides the existing ones that are desired?

Jim
From: KilrPilr on
A small feature that I would like to see added is a 20mhz cpu accelerator
with 128MB non volatile ram. That is if you have some time to spare. :)

From: Jim Brain on
On 1/27/2010 12:56 AM, KilrPilr wrote:
> A small feature that I would like to see added is a 20mhz cpu accelerator
> with 128MB non volatile ram. That is if you have some time to spare. :)

It's under the board... Look for it.

Jim
From: xc8/bRONx on
On Jan 27, 6:24 am, Jim Brain <br...(a)jbrain.com> wrote:
>      * Is the switch location OK, or do people need them off to the side?
>      * Does anyone want a top slot for the 3rd slot? or is the back
> entry desired?

I think its ok for the 3rd slot to be as back entry..

>      * Any other features besides the existing ones that are desired?

compatibility with C128 please! I have a Datel 3slot expander and is
not working properly
on my C128..

chris
From: DMackey828 on
On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 00:24:08 -0600, Jim Brain <brain(a)jbrain.com>
wrote:

>Trying to fill a small gap, I'm working on a 3 slot expansion port
>solution ala EX-3 of FB-EX3. Here is a first cut of the PCB design:
>
>http://www.jbrain.com/vicug/gallery/xpansion/ext3_d
>
>It contains the normal EX3/EX2+1 items, + the additions that Fotios put
>on his FB-EX3.
>
>Comments are appreciated. Some things I'm curious about:
>
> * Is the switch location OK, or do people need them off to the side?
> * Does anyone want a top slot for the 3rd slot? or is the back
>entry desired?
> * Any other features besides the existing ones that are desired?
>
>Jim

Hey Jim,
Nice, I have one of the FB-EX3 boards. I like it. Is the connector
at the back of the board going to be laying down so you can use an
REU on it? My board does have the connector like that already but just
in case others ask...