From: Esperanza on
How do I write a formula for penalty on past due accounts with great than or
equal to 1000 but less than 5000, apply a penalty of $100.
For accounts with a past due balance of 5000 or more, apply a penalty of 200.
For accounts with a ttl past due balance of less than 1000, no penalty?
From: Bernard Liengme on
Let A1 hold the past due amount
=IF(A1>5000,200, IF(A1>=1000,100,0))

OR
=(A1>=1000)*100 + (A1>5000)*100

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Joe User on
"Esperanza" wrote:
> How do I write a formula for penalty on past due
> accounts with great than or equal to 1000 but less
> than 5000, apply a penalty of $100. For accounts
> with a past due balance of 5000 or more, apply a
> penalty of 200. For accounts with a ttl past due
> balance of less than 1000, no penalty?

If the account balance is in A1:

=lookup(A1, {0,1000,5000},{0,100,200})