From: Mike on
Hi there,
I'm not sure to be in the right group. I will however post my message here.
I actually don't have problems with my exchange environment, my question is
more disaster recovery oriented. I'm trying to put in place all possible
problem scenarios with decision tree to help decision maker.take decisions
(in case of disaster). I'm System engineer in the company, and competences
are more active directory oriented. However, in my daily job, I support
exchange users and I'm "exchange administrator" too. You know, budget
restrictions. So, I will ask if any of you guys have written such exchange
2003 DR document and on what I must pay attention. If you have some external
links just don't hesitate to send it to me. I will highly appreciate your
ideas.

Many thanks in advance for your help and your time.

Mike

From: Mark Arnold [MVP] on
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:29:34 +0200, "Mike" <no(a)spam.com> wrote:

>Hi there,
>I'm not sure to be in the right group. I will however post my message here.
>I actually don't have problems with my exchange environment, my question is
>more disaster recovery oriented. I'm trying to put in place all possible
>problem scenarios with decision tree to help decision maker.take decisions
>(in case of disaster). I'm System engineer in the company, and competences
>are more active directory oriented. However, in my daily job, I support
>exchange users and I'm "exchange administrator" too. You know, budget
>restrictions. So, I will ask if any of you guys have written such exchange
>2003 DR document and on what I must pay attention. If you have some external
>links just don't hesitate to send it to me. I will highly appreciate your
>ideas.
>
>Many thanks in advance for your help and your time.
>
>Mike

Actually MS did a pretty comprehensive one way back in the day:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125070(EXCHG.65).aspx
Have a go through that and see what else you need.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
And while that's an excellent, authoritative and complete document, it is
probably way more than you need or even want for your internal purposes
because it is, in a word, massive. I recommend that you start by
identifying the disaster scenarios you envision happening, and apply the
appropriate techniques to remedy them.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..