From: J-K on
Windows 7 has a feature called the "Math Input Panel" that lets you do just
that :)
It will convert ink to math text and let you insert it into apps that
support the MathML format (for example Word).

You can find some information about it towards the end of this blog post:
http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/04/23/ink-input-and-tablet.aspx

Cheers!
J-K

From: me on
J-K <JK(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Windows 7 has a feature called the "Math Input Panel" that lets you do just

I'm glad this subject came up...

I'm an engineering student and have been thinking abt a
tablet to buy for class

The other option I am considering is the LiveScribe
pen... see link

http://www.livescribe.com/

A good tablet such as Lenovo X200 tablet is an awful
lot of money for a student....hence the LiveScribe.

Thoughts or opinions?