From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 01:27:44 -0700, Aika
<Aika(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:
>> Well, it seems that if they have a SMTP sync they're adding the
>> disclaimer to the message as it leaves the machine, not storing the
>> disclaimer in the message.
>
>Simple example, in order to understand it.
>1. Message leave Outlook and go into Exchange
>2. Message go into Store
>3. Tool add the Disclaimer to my Message
>4. First try to send (fail cause Greylisting)
>5. Massage go into Queue
> 5.1. This Message ist the Message from Point 2?
>6. Second try to send (with Message from Point 2?)
>7. Message leave Exchange without Disclaimer?
>
>Is that right?

I have no idea how their product functions. That's why I said to
contact their support group.

>If Point 5.1 right, why is like that? Why not the Mail from Point 4?

Let's assume that this product modifies the message "in-flight". In
that case the message itself isn't modified, just the data stream that
the product intercepts.

Why the same modification isn't made the 2nd time the product sees the
message I really can't say.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP