From: Tom Lake on
I'm not sure who might be able to help me with this but since it's an old
terminal
and I'm using it with a PDP-11 emulator, I thought I'd try these groups.

I have a Wyse 325 terminal that works fine with a PC and TeraTerm.
When I run it with the Ersatz-11 emulator, I can have to set it to
PC-terminal mode
in order to receive anything. VT-100 emulation doesn't work. In order to
type, though, I have to hold down the Select key or type a letter, then
press the
Select key. Does anyone here know about a problem with this? If so is
there
a solution? I'd really like to be able to use this terminal normally so I'd
appreciate any help you can give. TIA!

Tom Lake

From: Charles Richmond on
Tom Lake wrote:
> I'm not sure who might be able to help me with this but since it's an
> old terminal
> and I'm using it with a PDP-11 emulator, I thought I'd try these groups.
>
> I have a Wyse 325 terminal that works fine with a PC and TeraTerm.
> When I run it with the Ersatz-11 emulator, I can have to set it to
> PC-terminal mode
> in order to receive anything. VT-100 emulation doesn't work. In order to
> type, though, I have to hold down the Select key or type a letter, then
> press the
> Select key. Does anyone here know about a problem with this? If so is
> there
> a solution? I'd really like to be able to use this terminal normally so
> I'd
> appreciate any help you can give. TIA!

I have used the cheap Wyse terminals before at a PPoE, but I do
*not* know how to solve your problem... or even if there *is* a
problem with the terminal.

Try posting to <alt.folklore.computers> and <alt.sys.pdp11>.

| Charles and Francis Richmond |
| |
| plano dot net at aquaporin4 dot com |
From: Tom Lake on

"Tom Lake" <tlake(a)twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:hlp240$cdt$1(a)news.albasani.net...
> I'm not sure who might be able to help me with this but since it's an old
> terminal
> and I'm using it with a PDP-11 emulator, I thought I'd try these groups.
>
> I have a Wyse 325 terminal that works fine with a PC and TeraTerm.
> When I run it with the Ersatz-11 emulator, I can have to set it to
> PC-terminal mode
> in order to receive anything. VT-100 emulation doesn't work. In order to
> type, though, I have to hold down the Select key or type a letter, then
> press the
> Select key. Does anyone here know about a problem with this? If so is
> there
> a solution? I'd really like to be able to use this terminal normally so I'd
> appreciate any help you can give. TIA!

Problem solved. I have to set DTR and CTS on in the emulator in order for it to work.

Tom L