From: Thomas R. Kettler on
In article <fmoore-2ABE23.11075930062010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Fred Moore <fmoore(a)gcfn.org> wrote:

> In article <4c2b2d96$0$10428$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>,
> Warren Oates <warren.oates(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <tom_stiller-9428EC.07080030062010(a)news.individual.net>,
> > Tom Stiller <tom_stiller(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > PNG is OK but why would one store X-ray images in a lossy image format
> > > like JPG?
> >
> > What, you want to edit your X-rays? "Oh, see, now I _don't_ have
> > pneumonia."
>
> No, actually it's to keep you from taking the images to another doctor
> and having him do the surgery (my speculation). I had some x-rays of my
> lower back taken. The facility was happy to give me a free CD with them
> on it. However, they were _much_ lower rez than the ones the doctor
> showed me at the office. Both he and I have hi-rez screens, so it wasn't
> that. I was told the software from the x-ray machine only spits out
> copies at a lower rez.

I find serious problems with this. Those X-rays are my information. I
should be able to use them as I see fit. I would especially want them to
potentially get a second opinion. Otherwise, I'll have to pay (since I
doubt insurance would pay for two sets of X-rays) for something which I
should already have at my disposal.

I've changed the subject to more adequately discuss this particular
topic even though it is actually OT for comp.sys.mac.system.
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.
From: dorayme on
In article
<tkettler-E949C3.18362830062010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,
"Thomas R. Kettler" <tkettler(a)blownfuse.net> wrote:

> I've changed the subject to more adequately discuss this particular
> topic even though it is actually OT for comp.sys.mac.system.

Cute! Idealistic! Hopeful! Rectitudinal!

--
dorayme
From: Wes Groleau on
On 06-30-2010 18:36, Thomas R. Kettler wrote:
> I find serious problems with this. Those X-rays are my information. I
> should be able to use them as I see fit. I would especially want them to

If you are in USA, read up on HIPAA. Your medical information
is your PRIVATE property. YOU decide who has access to it.

--
Wes Groleau

A bureaucrat is someone who cuts red tape lengthwise.
From: Wes Groleau on
On 06-30-2010 19:58, Wes Groleau wrote:
> On 06-30-2010 18:36, Thomas R. Kettler wrote:
>> I find serious problems with this. Those X-rays are my information. I
>> should be able to use them as I see fit. I would especially want them to
>
> If you are in USA, read up on HIPAA. Your medical information
> is your PRIVATE property. YOU decide who has access to it.

Disregard. I forgot it was the cat's information.
HIPAA does not apply. If it did, the cat would have
to give permission for you to have the CD.

--
Wes Groleau

Ostracism: A practice of sticking your head in the sand.
From: Thomas R. Kettler on
In article <dorayme-DE76FE.09043201072010(a)news.albasani.net>,
dorayme <dorayme(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> In article
> <tkettler-E949C3.18362830062010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,
> "Thomas R. Kettler" <tkettler(a)blownfuse.net> wrote:
>
> > I've changed the subject to more adequately discuss this particular
> > topic even though it is actually OT for comp.sys.mac.system.
>

> Cute! Idealistic! Hopeful! Rectitudinal!

Now you're just makin' me all misty!
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.