From: Jim Xia on

See the announcement

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS210-103

Cheers,

Jim
From: Richard Maine on
Jim Xia <jimxia(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> See the announcement

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an
&supplier=897&letternum=ENUS210-103

To my knowledge, that makes it the first f2003 compiler. The previous
version of XLF was pretty close.

Still waiting for an f2003 compiler on any machine I'm likely to see
again. (We did have some IBM workstations at the NASA site where I
worked, but none at home here.)

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
From: Dan Nagle on
Hello,

On 2010-04-13 11:21:20 -0400, nospam(a)see.signature (Richard Maine) said:

> Jim Xia <jimxia(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> See the announcement
>>

> http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?subtype=ca&infotype=an
> &supplier=897&letternum=ENUS210-103
>
> To my knowledge, that makes it the first f2003 compiler. The previous
> version of XLF was pretty close.

Cray has had f03 done for, what?, about a year now.
Cray is well on the way to supporting f08.

> Still waiting for an f2003 compiler on any machine I'm likely to see
> again. (We did have some IBM workstations at the NASA site where I
> worked, but none at home here.)

Note that support for the latest PPC chip (and even
for the latest OpenMP revision) have greater emphasis
than the f03 statement.

I'm awaiting coarrays in more than g95.

This announcement is indeed good news.

Does anyone know of a full and complete implementation
of C++03 ? I know of few full and complete C99 implementations.

--
Cheers!

Dan Nagle

From: Jim Xia on
On Apr 13, 2:09 pm, Dan Nagle <danna...(a)verizon.net> wrote:

> Note that support for the latest PPC chip (and even
> for the latest OpenMP revision) have greater emphasis
> than the f03 statement.

XLF has full OO support for over 3 years since release 11.1. The only
missing part was PDT support, until now. Is there anyone in the field
really cares about PDT? Just curious...

> I'm awaiting coarrays in more than g95.

Good to know :-)

Cheers,

Jim
From: Richard Maine on
Dan Nagle <dannagle(a)verizon.net> wrote:

> On 2010-04-13 11:21:20 -0400, nospam(a)see.signature (Richard Maine) said:

> > To my knowledge, that makes it the first f2003 compiler. The previous
> > version of XLF was pretty close.
>
> Cray has had f03 done for, what?, about a year now.

Ah. Ok. I wasn't keeping track of that one.

Speaking of machines I'll never see. :-) XLF had at least a beta Mac
release (which I tried out) some years back when Macs had PPC chips.
And, as I mentioned, NASA Dryden had a few IBM workstations. I could
probably even find an older used one that I could buy for home; I've no
plan to do so, but I bet an affordable one could be found. Crays were
out of the question for even that NASA site (some bigger NASA sites had
them, but not Dryden).

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4