From: Kevin on
Am a developer,used to VB6 and trying to get to grips with VB.NET 2.0.
Trying to read a simple XML file with the user settings.
Have seen some sample code for .NET 1.1 and that crashes saying some widget
or other is no longer used. I get a million error messages and do not have
the skill set to fix them.
Can someone please point me at some sample code, to read an XML file that
really works in VB.NET 2005?
Thanks for anyone's help and being kind to an olde coder.

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
"Kevin" <kevgrim(a)tesco.net> schrieb:
> Trying to read a simple XML file with the user settings.
> Have seen some sample code for .NET 1.1 and that crashes saying some
> widget or other is no longer used. I get a million error messages and do
> not have the skill set to fix them.
> Can someone please point me at some sample code, to read an XML file that
> really works in VB.NET 2005?

..NET 1.*:

Storing and loading user preferences
<URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/?id=userpreferences&lang=en>

..NET 2.0: 'My.Settings'.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

From: vbnetdev on
http://www.kjmsolutions.com/xmlsettings.htm

--
Get a powerful web, database, application, and email hosting with KJM
Solutions

From: Kevin on
Thanks works really well