From: Ben Taylor on
Just downloaded Corel Videostudeo pro x3 trial but when I try to install
I get the following error message:

Cannot view XML input using XSL stylesheet. Please correct the error and
then hit refresh, etc...

Cannot have a DOCTYPE declaration outside of a prolog. Error processing
resource 'file:///C:/Users/Ben/AppData/Local/Corel...

----------^

Sent email to Corel but... any help appreciated
Ben
Using WIN7, Firefox, 3GHz+,
From: Ben Taylor on
On 24/04/2010 6:28 PM, Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> Ben Taylor wrote:
>>
>> Cannot view XML input using XSL stylesheet. Please correct the error and
>> then hit refresh, etc...
>>
>> Cannot have a DOCTYPE declaration outside of a prolog.
>> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>> ----------^
>
> It looks like its bitching that the doctype isn't in the head section.
> You don't really need it though. Try deleting that line. If that doesn't
> work, try moving it to the head section.

Thanks Mr Howard, but where do I do this?
I'm thinking somewhere on my computer as otherwise it would happen to
every download of the program... but I am probably wrong.
Cheers,
Ben
From: Ben Taylor on

> Yes, its in one of the files you downloaded. Its an HTML file. The error
> message appears to give you the file name and path. Of course, Corel
> should really fix the problem in their distribution before making it
> available for download.

I'll see how I go with Corel but I might get back to you if thats OK
Cheers,
Ben
From: Ben Taylor on
On 27/04/2010 9:51 PM, Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> Ben Taylor wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, its in one of the files you downloaded. Its an HTML file. The error
>>> message appears to give you the file name and path. Of course, Corel
>>> should really fix the problem in their distribution before making it
>>> available for download.
>>>
>> I'll see how I go with Corel but I might get back to you if thats OK
>
> No worries. I've been a bit busy lately but I'll try and check this
> group at least once a day.

I rang corel and they said it was because:
1) I was using Firefox,
2) Win 7 Firewall was stopping certain files from being downloaded
3) Virus program was also stopping files being downloaded

I tried without the Firewall - same result!
Tomoz I'll try with out Microsoft Security Essentials as well

Hoping this will help some others.
Ben.

From: Ben Taylor on
Reply from Corel re the download install problem...

Thank you for your e-mail. Please try to download the software again. I
recommend you to use Internet Explorer when downloading the product. But
before doing that, please do the following:

Clean up temporary files and Recycle Bin by launching the Disk Cleanup
from Start menu >> Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> Disk Cleanup.

Launch Internet Explorer and do the following:

For Internet Explorer 7 or 8:

1.) Click Tool >> Internet Options;
2.) On the ''General'' tab >> ''Browsing History'' section, click on
''Delete''; under the Browsing History window, check all the data's to
be deleted and click on ''Delete''.
3.) On the ''Security'' tab if reconfigured, click on ''Reset all zones
to default level''.
4.) On the ''Privacy'' tab, temporarily uncheck ''Turn on Pop-up
Blocker''. (you may re-enable this later after you have downloaded the
required files).
5.) On the ''Advanced'' tab, click on ''Restore Advance Settings'' and
''Reset...''.
6.) Click on Apply and OK and then close the browser.
7.) Re-launch Internet Explorer and go to the specified sites.

Or, I suggest that you try a third-party program that supports resume
downloading; you may use any of the following third-party software:

FMD Lite: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm
Get Right: http://download.getright.com/getright-download.exe
Cute FTP: http://www.cuteftp.com/
Go!Zilla: http://www.gozilla.com/

These softwares support resume downloading. Since both the FTP site and
the FTP client program support resume downloading, the FTP client will
always download files from where it was disconnected the last time.

Regards,
Allan
Corel Customer Support Services