From: mahmad on
Hi,

I am trying to install XP Pro SP2 on a new 160GB SATA drive for Dell
Dimension XPS Gen 4 tower.

The hard drive gets detected ok, i am able to format the drive and when the
installation of the files begins its able to install 57% then a blue screen
saying the following files could not be loaded, do i want to Retry, Skip or
Exit.

If i select Skip i then get the prompt again for another file which couldnt
be loaded, i thought it might have been my Win XP DVD so tried another same
problem.

I have even tried a completly different HDD and still the same problem.

Never come across this before

thanks for your help

Mo
From: Shenan Stanley on
mahmad wrote:
> I am trying to install XP Pro SP2 on a new 160GB SATA drive for Dell
> Dimension XPS Gen 4 tower.
>
> The hard drive gets detected ok, i am able to format the drive and
> when the installation of the files begins its able to install 57%
> then a blue screen saying the following files could not be loaded,
> do i want to Retry, Skip or Exit.
>
> If i select Skip i then get the prompt again for another file which
> couldnt be loaded, i thought it might have been my Win XP DVD so
> tried another same problem.
>
> I have even tried a completly different HDD and still the same
> problem.
>
> Never come across this before

First - why do you have a Windows XP DVD? Windows XP came on CD or multiple
CDs depending on the edition.

Tried a different CD drive? Different cable for the CD drive and/or hard
disk drive? Tried different system memory?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: David B. on
If the OP has an OEM Dell MCE 2005 disk it is in fact on a DVD, but as they
failed to say specifically what they were using who can say.