From: undisclosed on

::Hello

I have just run into this problem for the very first time and on a new
install of Windows XP Home to boot.
I see Susan says the suggested fix worked for her so my question is
does all the numbers have to be entered manually in the areas shown to
activate the power scheme system like it should be or is there another
way?
I tried copy and paste and that didn't work!

Thanks

Jim
::

--
jdp
From: LD55ZRA on
undisclosed wrote:

> ::Hello
>
> I have just run into this problem for the very first time and on a new
> install of Windows XP Home to boot.
> I see Susan says the suggested fix worked for her so my question is
> does all the numbers have to be entered manually in the areas shown to
> activate the power scheme system like it should be or is there another
> way?
> I tried copy and paste and that didn't work!
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim
> ::

If you had any sense, you would have kept the history of what Susan
said. You can't get any help unless you use some common sense.

The solution was this:

<quote>
Try Kelly's fix:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (scroll down to line 204,
right-hand side --> Restore Power Schemes/Configurations)
</quote>

full thread is now archived here:

<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/4c74d99922d70ee6?hl=en#>

hth

From: undisclosed on

Well if you had any sense you may find some manners!
Sorry but I see nothing here which you refer to LD55ZRA.
I also copied and saved the strings but there is no instruction there.
Maybe Susan should have answered my question???????????????

--
jdp
From: LD55ZRA on
You are indeed completely silly. This is the link they were all talking
about:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/powercfgrestore.reg

Now when you click on it you get options to either run it or save it on your
system. I would first try to run it to see if it fixes it otherwise save it
on your system and then run it by double-clicking on it. It depends on
whether you are the administrator or not of your system and I can't help you
on that.

hth

From: undisclosed on

Not silly, frustrated!
Thank you I have all that but am unsure what to do with it!
So if you could be so kind as to explain if I have to enter all that
manually or not would be appreciated!
I thought I posted a pretty straight forward question, but obviously
not!

--
jdp