From: kitekrazy on
Anyone installed it yet? I'll test it on my laptop first.

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/article.php/31771_3744961_1

"According to reports out of Redmond, the new Service Pack has
�compatibility issues.� That�s putting it lightly. It turns out the
update could possibly cause data loss and corruption in the Microsoft
Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS)."

I don't think this really affects most of us.
From: Steve Myers on
kitekrazy <kitekrazy(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:ni_Tj.14436$V14.3192
@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com:

> Anyone installed it yet? I'll test it on my laptop first.
>
> http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/article.php/31771_3744961_1
>
> "According to reports out of Redmond, the new Service Pack has
> �compatibility issues.� That�s putting it lightly. It turns out the
> update could possibly cause data loss and corruption in the Microsoft
> Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS)."
>
> I don't think this really affects most of us.

I had projects I didn't want to disrupt, so didn't download the beta from
Microsoft when it was publicly available. The projects were completed, but
not before the betas were withdrawn.
I had read the reports of performance improvements, so I still wanted to
try it.
Had to do some digging, but found a link to a Microsoft source. Downloaded
and installed on one machine. So far, no discernable (by me, anyway)
difference. Nothing bad, nothing good. FWIW, I have not yet used that
machine to hammer on anything.
From: JC on

"Ull" <inleaguewithloki(a)hallsofasgard.org> wrote in message
> On Tue, 06 May 2008 09:54:11 -0500, kitekrazy
> <kitekrazy(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>Anyone installed it yet? I'll test it on my laptop first.
>
> I downloaded it but haven't installed it. I need a fresh image to go
> back to if it annoys me. I went back and forth a few times with SP2.
> It turned out not to be evil after a while.(It really never was.)
>
> Ben N. Moore

I don't remember which it is but I keep getting an update to SP something
and when I click to up date the computer diddles around awhile and then I
get some "fatal" something message. I went to the MS website to see if there
was something about the problem there. There was, but it was too much to
read and I just ignore all the update stuff that turns fatal now.

--
I'm JC and I approved this message.

Pages: 1
Prev: Using V-Vocal