From: sambodidley on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> In news:8ht024pk526lflff6a51dfbea58hm8e505(a)4ax.com the killer robot
> Organfreak <plonk(a)plinkety.plunk> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>>>Poor intonation is also something that will make a vocal sound off
>>>key. This is very common in untrained singers. Even if it is right on
>>>pitch. Not much you can do about those except re-record and hope the
>>>singer does a better job.
>>
>> Sue, what difference do you see between "poor intonation" and
>> "off-key."?
>>
>> I grew up playing the violin, and AFAIK, there isn't any difference.
>
> Maybe "formant" or "resonance" was what she was referring to. Good
> intonation refers to notes sitting on the money in the scale, which is
> pretty much interchangable with being on pitch. Of course some
> instruments
> (like piano) frequently are tuned to stretch tuning, which isn't
> mathmatically perfect, but sounds better to many people's ears than
> equally
> tempered tuning.

> Glennbo

I think timbre better defines what was saying.

From: Angof on

"polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in message

> "Organfreak" <plonk(a)plinkety.plunk> wrote in message
>> "Angof" <angof(a)nospam.com> blatted:
>> >hi all
>> >
>> >I've been getting used to V-Vocal and I wonder what your personla
> threshold
>> >is for using v-vocal. As a guide it has a green/amber/red line for sharp
>> >flat, at what point do you consider it needing changing in your mixing?
>> >
>> >Also is there any way to automate v-vocal, i.e. it offers a sort of
>> >ideal
>> >pitch waveform, is there a button to just accept the recommended pitch
>> >change?
>> >
>> >Thanks
>>
>> Angof,
>> I'm just loving V-Vocal. In my own case, I use it entirely by ear, using
> the
>> visuals as a rough guide for starters. I would venture to say that if
>> your
> ears
>> don't tell you if you're getting the right results, better not to use it,
> and
>> I'm not meaning to be snotty in saying that. But I don't fully trust any
> machine
>> to know better than me.
>>
>> I haven't tried to automate it for the above reason, but I think the
> answer is,
>> yes you can, but I don't know how. It does come with a decent Help file.
>
> To do it automatically you need to:
> 1.) Make sure that the Pitch Follow parameter in the Formant Control
> section
> is set to 0.
> 2.) In the Pitch Correction section, adjust the Note, Vibrato, and Sense
> parameters.
> Normally you'll set the Note parameter between 70 and 90, but if your
> original isn't too far off, 100 could work. Leave everything else where it
> is.
> 3.) Click the Correct button.
>
> That being said, I've haven't used it this way. Like Scott, I prefer to
> use
> my ears and just correct when/if needed.
>
> Poly

It looks to me like when you click correct, it doesnt autocorrect it just
calculates and shows a correct pitch and then you manually adjust to that
pitch if you wish.

Angof

From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> Of course some instruments (like piano) frequently are tuned to stretch
tuning, which isn't
> mathmatically perfect, but sounds better to many people's ears than
equally
> tempered tuning.

Close.
All pianos are still tuned by using the standard equal temperment (unless
somone specifically asks for a different tuning....which for me has been
never in over 30 years). Some tuners prefer to 'stretch' the A6 tp C7 range.

Poly

From: Angof on

> "Angof" <angof(a)nospam.com> blatted:
>>It looks to me like when you click correct, it doesnt autocorrect it just
>>calculates and shows a correct pitch and then you manually adjust to that
>>pitch if you wish.
>
> So are you allergic to reading the Help files?

Nope the help file doesn't help and Sonar power while giving great advice on
how to use it, doesnt help in this particular instance.

From: Sue Morton on
I have Sonar 7 not Sonar 6, I don't use autocorrection but the help files
describe it pretty well. Look up Pitch Editing in the online help?
Basically after you select the areas to fix, set a major or minor scale to
follow, fix any other parameters as applicable, and click 'correct'. The
entire highlighted section will be changed at once.

Is that what you are looking for?
--
Sue Morton

Angof wrote:
> "Organfreak" <plonk(a)plinkety.plunk> wrote in message
>> "Angof" <angof(a)nospam.com> blatted:
>>> It looks to me like when you click correct, it doesnt autocorrect
>>> it just calculates and shows a correct pitch and then you manually
>>> adjust to that pitch if you wish.
>>
>> So are you allergic to reading the Help files?
>
> Nope the help file doesn't help and Sonar power while giving great
> advice on how to use it, doesnt help in this particular instance.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Novation Remote 61 SL with SONAR?
Next: XP SP3