From: Angof on
I think I may be misunderstanding what is happening. I will go back to it
again and relook at it.

cheers

Angof

From: Sue Morton on
All the guessing at my meaning didn't get it :-)

I wasn't using 'intonation' in the 'musical' sense, rather in the
pronounciation sense... but as it applies to music.

To illustrate. If someone says, "Baaaston", you know the word but the sound
is different from someone saying, "Boston". But it is possible for either
"Boston" or "Baaaston" to be intoned (speech) in such a way, that it sounds
off-pitch even though a scope will reveal it is ON pitch. It is not due to
overtones or resonance, it is the ear (brain) that *perceives* the pitch is
off (usually flat), when it really isn't.

If you've never heard examples of this then you probably can't relate until
you do.... then you'll recognize it immediately.
--
Sue Morton

From: Ricky Hunt on
"Angof" <angof(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> hi all
>
> I've been getting used to V-Vocal and I wonder what your personla
> threshold is for using v-vocal. As a guide it has a green/amber/red line
> for sharp flat, at what point do you consider it needing changing in your
> mixing?

When my ears (not the lines) tell me it could use a little tweaking. And
putting it "dead on" is not always the best way. Change it as little as
possible until it sounds right.

> Also is there any way to automate v-vocal, i.e. it offers a sort of ideal
> pitch waveform, is there a button to just accept the recommended pitch
> change?

It does but I don't use (tried it once it turns you into Cher even though my
vocals are very rarely off by much. But I'm a country singer and the scoops,
bends, etc. get quantized too (depending on the strength) so you get a
"stair-stepped" effect.

From: Angof on
Yup I was being dumb. I admit it. after much experimentation, as suggested,
I think it is wise not to use the automatic pitch adjustment too
overzealously. sometimes things just need to be off a bit.

The other thing I liked about it was the dynamics editor. Very nice
addition.

thanks to everyone for your help.

Angof

From: Sue Morton on
LOL Glad you got it sorted!

Angof wrote:
> Yup I was being dumb. I admit it. after much experimentation, as
> suggested, I think it is wise not to use the automatic pitch
> adjustment too overzealously. sometimes things just need to be off a
> bit.
> The other thing I liked about it was the dynamics editor. Very nice
> addition.
>
> thanks to everyone for your help.
>
> Angof
>
> "Angof" <angof(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
>> I think I may be misunderstanding what is happening. I will go back
>> to it again and relook at it.
>>
>> cheers
>>
>> Angof
>> "Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
>>> I have Sonar 7 not Sonar 6, I don't use autocorrection but the help
>>> files describe it pretty well. Look up Pitch Editing in the online
>>> help? Basically after you select the areas to fix, set a major or
>>> minor scale to follow, fix any other parameters as applicable, and
>>> click 'correct'. The entire highlighted section will be changed at
>>> once. Is that what you are looking for?
>>> --
>>> Sue Morton

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last