From: Kay on
Just me again,

> Aha!. They sound like what I was describing with the workflow comments.
> The
> Tascam FX1xxx series look interesting (as does the M-Audio ProjectMix).
> I'd
> still rather have one that was integrated into a controller keyboard. As
> it
> is, I don't think either of those will fit into my work triangle (ok, on
> my
> desk)....

Wow!. I just found out about the Novation Remote 61 SL [
http://www.novationmusic.com/products/midi_control/remote_sl/ ]. Sounds like
integrated keyboard and DAW control surface controller nirvana. The sales
guy didn't mention these at all (probably didn't get my workflow comments).
I hate it's use of a joystick for pitch/mod but, I'll try and play with it
during the week...

Has anyone use this (or any of the Novation Remote series) with SONAR (also
interested in FL Studio, Reason and Reaper)?

Kay

From: Sue Morton on
Keep lookin' Kay :-) You're bound to find something that fits your style of
working.

I didn't see an answer from you (my ng server misses posts sometimes), did
you answer my questions about providing details on how you want to do
workflow from control surface? This is so individual. One person's
'nirvana' :-) is another's nightmare.
--
Sue Morton

From: Kay on
Hi Sue,

> Keep lookin' Kay :-) You're bound to find something that fits your style
> of working.

Hope so. Just arranging to try the Remote SL...

> I didn't see an answer from you (my ng server misses posts sometimes), did
> you answer my questions about providing details on how you want to do
> workflow from control surface? This is so individual. One person's
> 'nirvana' :-) is another's nightmare.

I did and it wasn't (and still isn't) a very detailed answer: I'd like to be
able to do control the DAW as much as possible using just the keyboard
controller widgets (in an intuitive manner) during the tracking phase. Same
for VSTi and VSTe plugins.

I guess I'd eventually like something for the mixing phase too but, that
would be a separate controller from the keyboard for me (so not part of my
current criteria although, the Axiom and Remote SL seem to be useful here
too - not sure about the XBoard once again).

Kay

From: Sue Morton on
OK that is still pretty vague :-) What do you need to control during
tracking? In Sonar, in VSTi, in ?

Mind you, answering that question here isn't likely to yield a lot of
controller to be able to do, when you go to try one out :-)
--
Sue Morton