From: NICK MEALE on
I told you that step 2a doesn't work...What does And...? mean

From: LD5SZRA on

NICK MEALE wrote:

> I told you that step 2a doesn't work...What does And...? mean

If you keep following everything Pig-Bear tells you, you will be
fixing your computer forever. You have to now decide that he has
wasted your time and so the best thing to do now is to follow my
advice and that is to reformat your HD, and start everything from
scratch. If you haven't done this before then it will take you
about half a day; If you are experienced in such things then it
will take you about 1 hour.

The normal caveats apply- namely to backup your data, collate all
serial numbers and CDs of applications and switch off the land
line phone and cell phone so that you don't get disturbed by
nutters.

<http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/68ec8bcc2751f014/1fab386abdb51165?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=XP+Security%2CHome+Edition%2CSP3#1fab386abdb51165>

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Maybe that you should move on to Step #3 now? You know, the one where I
said "DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!"