From: NICK MEALE on
My computer is infected and now a box saying XP Internet Security keeps
popping up and I can't elim the icon on the task bar..How do I rid myself of
it or should i delete in add and remove?..I don't want to restore it as I
plan on getting a new computer soon
Thanks,Nicolino

From: Michael on

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: MowGreen on
See -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-vista-2010
Or, for more detailed steps on manual removal of XP Internet Security -

Removal instructions for XP Internet Security
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=43987

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

From: Mi Tasol on
On Apr 26, 3:31 am, MowGreen <mowgr...(a)nowandzen.com> wrote:
> See -http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivirus-vista-...
> Or, for more detailed steps on manual removal of XP Internet Security -
>
> Removal instructions for XP Internet Securityhttp://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=43987
>
> MowGreen
> ================
>   *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ================
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
>
> NICK MEALE wrote:
> > My computer is infected and now a box saying XP Internet Security keeps
> > popping up and I can't elim the icon on the task bar..How do I rid myself of
> > it or should i delete in add and remove?..I don't want to restore it as I
> > plan on getting a new computer soon
> > Thanks,Nicolino

Also consider both versions of McAfee's Stinger - the normal one and
the special one for flash drive viruses

Mi Tasol
From: NICK MEALE on
My fire wall and virus protection are turned off in Security Center...How do
I turn them on?....Thanks,Nicolino