From: sisyphus on
In the past week or so when trying to shut down the computer I get the error
message "End Program - Welcome" and have to manually press the end program
button. Sometimes this happens 1 time but can be up to 4 times or so.
Shutdown proceeds normally after this.

Startup seems normal.

I am running XP home with all updates on an Acer laptop.

Thanks for the help.

p.s. I do actually have the welcome spash screen disabled during
startup...could that be the source of the problem?
From: sisyphus on
Ack...what i meant to say from the previous p.s. was that I have the XP

sorry