From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:35:15 -0000, "Tim Meddick"
<timmeddick(a)gawab.com> wrote:

> I suppose you could try tampering with XP's code, either with a resource "hacker"
> program or by some other reverse-engineering of WinXP...
>
> But it is definitely Windows default behaviour to only display the TIME on a one-bar
> setup and then only adding the DAY then the DATE as other tiers are added.
>
> But you could ditch Window's clock altogether and use a small (and free) program
> called TCLOCK.exe
>
> With this, you can configure loads of Taskbar-related stuff and takes up virtually no
> memory.
>
> (I like having the seconds ticking over in the taskbar clock - impossible with native
> WinXP!)
>
> Download TClock.exe (ZIP-file install) directly from :
> http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclocklight/tclocklight-040702-3.zip

I'll second the motion for TCLock, which is my favorite program of
that type. But I'll add a word of caution: do not mix up TClock.exe
with TCLockex.exe. Despite the similarity of their names, they are two
different programs, and in my view, TClock is much better than
TClockex.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Tim Meddick on
I was aware of there being a similar product out, I rather hoped that posting the
direct download URL might have kinda squished all confusion over this...?!?

==

Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :-)

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 21:58:27 -0000, "Tim Meddick"
<timmeddick(a)gawab.com> wrote:

> I was aware of there being a similar product out, I rather hoped that posting the
> direct download URL might have kinda squished all confusion over this...?!?

I would hope so, but with such similar names, I've seen lots of
confusion over the two. So I thought that mentioning the other one
would help avoid any mixup.

From: J. P. Gilliver (John) on
In message <k6odp55qkp2kbb39tl9mfl5ihnp184k8fs(a)4ax.com>, "Ken Blake,
MVP" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> writes:
>On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:35:15 -0000, "Tim Meddick"
><timmeddick(a)gawab.com> wrote:
[]
>> Download TClock.exe (ZIP-file install) directly from :
>> http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclocklight/tclocklight-040702-3.zip
>

>I'll second the motion for TCLock, which is my favorite program of
>that type. But I'll add a word of caution: do not mix up TClock.exe
>with TCLockex.exe. Despite the similarity of their names, they are two
>different programs, and in my view, TClock is much better than
>TClockex.

.... of which the homepage is http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/ (and
it does the job for me).
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar(a)T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf
** http://www.soft255.demon.co.uk/G6JPG-PC/JPGminPC.htm for ludicrously

"Mummy, Mummy, I'm 13 now can I wear a bra?"

"SHUT UP RALPH...."
From: Twayne on
In news:BJQxEUNS1XmLFw2z(a)soft255.demon.co.uk,
J. P. Gilliver (John) <G6JPG(a)soft255.demon.co.uk> typed:
> In message <k6odp55qkp2kbb39tl9mfl5ihnp184k8fs(a)4ax.com>,
> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> writes:
>> On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:35:15 -0000, "Tim Meddick"
>> <timmeddick(a)gawab.com> wrote:
> []
>>> Download TClock.exe (ZIP-file install) directly from :
>>> http://homepage1.nifty.com/kazubon/tclocklight/tclocklight-040702-3.zip
>>

>> I'll second the motion for TCLock, which is my favorite
>> program of that type. But I'll add a word of caution: do
>> not mix up TClock.exe with TCLockex.exe. Despite the
>> similarity of their names, they are two different
>> programs, and in my view, TClock is much better than
>> TClockex.
> ... of which the homepage is
> http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/ (and it does the job
> for me).

Well, there' s a couple recommendations there but no reference for why
they're relevant. People should really learn how to trim. The OP's original
quest should never be snipped.

HTH,

Twayne`

--
Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a