From: "Michael Haufe ("TNO")" on
On Aug 4, 6:53 pm, "Richard Cornford" <Rich...(a)litotes.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> IE 8 has an 'interesting' feature where it will not do VML on a page in
> 'standards' mode, only on pages in 'quirks' mode. As IE 8 doesn't do SVG
> Raphael will only work on IE 8 in 'quirks' mode.

IE8 Standards Mode + VML seems to work just fine:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
v\:rect{
behavior:url(#default#VML);
display:inline-block;
width:100px;
height:100px;
}
</head>
<v:rect fillcolor="green" />
From: Jesse on
On Aug 6, 5:12 am, "Michael Haufe (\"TNO\")"
<t...(a)thenewobjective.com> wrote:
> On Aug 4, 6:53 pm, "Richard Cornford" <Rich...(a)litotes.demon.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > IE 8 has an 'interesting' feature where it will not do VML on a page in
> > 'standards' mode, only on pages in 'quirks' mode. As IE 8 doesn't do SVG
> > Raphael will only work on IE 8 in 'quirks' mode.
>
> IE8 Standards Mode + VML seems to work just fine:
>
> <!DOCTYPE html>
>   <head>
>       v\:rect{
>         behavior:url(#default#VML);
>         display:inline-block;
>         width:100px;
>         height:100px;
>       }
>   </head>
>     <v:rect fillcolor="green" />

Not sure if you've seen flot?
Very good javascript graphing library, uses canvas for non IE and uses
excanvas for IE. Haven't had any problems with it in IE
http://code.google.com/p/flot/
From: Jesse on

From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <i3ch9v$tdj$1(a)news.eternal-
september.org>, Wed, 4 Aug 2010 21:07:08, Grumps <grumps(a)nothere.com>
posted:

>This should be simple, but I'm trying to find a js that will draw a simple
>line graph.
>I've googled and found loads, and tried several too, but they all lack the
>basic requirements.
>1) Need to enter x,y coords.
>2) Need to be able to define x and y axis upper and lower limits.
>3) Need to be able to label and number the axes.
>4) Needs to work with FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari and IE (from 6 up).
>5) Doesn't have to be free.

All that can be done with a canvas, provided that you invert the 6 for
IE.

An occasional poster here has commended something else, which I read
about in Wikipedia; if I could recall what it's called, I'd say. Aha! :
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_canvas> links to
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics>. SVG. IE9.

If, however, you can settle for a histogram style - and histograms can
have thin bars - or for just dots plus horizontal and vertical lines,
then study <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-misc1.htm> for ideas

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Proper <= 4-line sig. separator as above, a line exactly "-- " (RFCs 5536/7)
From: Ry Nohryb on
On Aug 4, 11:42 pm, "Grumps" <gru...(a)nothere.com> wrote:
> "Ry Nohryb" <jo...(a)jorgechamorro.com> wrote in message
> (...)
> >HTH,
>
> It does. Thank you.

You're welcome.
I for one would use the <canvas> thingy: http://jorgechamorro.com/cljs/102/
So sorry that Microsoft doesn't want us to use it :-)
--
Jorge.