From: JC Putter on
hi i want to enable xclient extentions for my postfix server, i looked at
http://www.postfix.org/XCLIENT_README.html

can someone you me an example of how to enable this ? basicly a smtp servers
forward my mail to my postfix server, i want to enable xclient to filter the
sender information.

thanks
From: Wietse Venema on
JC Putter:
> hi i want to enable xclient extentions for my postfix server, i looked at
> http://www.postfix.org/XCLIENT_README.html
>
> can someone you me an example of how to enable this ? basicly a smtp servers
> forward my mail to my postfix server, i want to enable xclient to filter the
> sender information.

See: http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts

Wietse

From: JC Putter on
great thanks wietse

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Wietse Venema <wietse(a)porcupine.org> wrote:t

From: Wietse Venema on
JC Putter:
> can someone you me an example of how to enable this ? basicly a
> smtp servers forward my mail to my postfix server, i want to enable
> xclient to filter the sender information.

Wietse:
> See: http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts

JC Putter:
> great thanks wietse

Beware, though, that you will create backscatter(*) if you reject mail
that the up-stream MTA has already accepted.

Wietse

(*) Cause the up-stream MTA to bounce spam messages to innocent
people who did not send that spam.