From: Gabor Illo on
Ciao

Somebody have any idea how can i change "User unknown in virtual mailbox
table" reject code from 450 to 550 (don't send again)

--
Best Regards
G�bor Ill�

From: Jeroen Geilman on
> Ciao
>
> Somebody have any idea how can i change "User unknown in virtual
> mailbox table" reject code from 450 to 550 (don't send again)

The "unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code" response defaults to 550.
If it is not 550 on your system, somebody altered it from the default.
(I don't see how an undeliverable address could be anything but a
permanent error)

J.

From: John Peach on
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:26:46 +0200
Jeroen Geilman <jeroen(a)adaptr.nl> wrote:

> > Ciao
> >
> > Somebody have any idea how can i change "User unknown in virtual
> > mailbox table" reject code from 450 to 550 (don't send again)
> >

> The "unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code" response defaults to 550.
> If it is not 550 on your system, somebody altered it from the default.
> (I don't see how an undeliverable address could be anything but a
> permanent error)

soft_bounce is set to yes by default (so that you can correct your
config before putting it into production).

--
John

From: Jeroen Geilman on

> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:26:46 +0200
> Jeroen Geilman<jeroen(a)adaptr.nl> wrote:
>

>>> Ciao
>>>
>>> Somebody have any idea how can i change "User unknown in virtual
>>> mailbox table" reject code from 450 to 550 (don't send again)
>>>

>> The "unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code" response defaults to 550.
>> If it is not 550 on your system, somebody altered it from the default.
>> (I don't see how an undeliverable address could be anything but a
>> permanent error)
>>
> soft_bounce is set to yes by default (so that you can correct your
> config before putting it into production).

A REJECT isn't a bounce, is it ? Unless this is documented as such, I
don't see the connection.

From: John Peach on
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 23:33:04 +0200
Jeroen Geilman <jeroen(a)adaptr.nl> wrote:

> >> The "unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code" response defaults to 550.
> >> If it is not 550 on your system, somebody altered it from the default.
> >> (I don't see how an undeliverable address could be anything but a
> >> permanent error)
> >>
> > soft_bounce is set to yes by default (so that you can correct your
> > config before putting it into production).
> >

> A REJECT isn't a bounce, is it ? Unless this is documented as such, I
> don't see the connection.

As with all of postfix, it is clearly documented:

http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html

--
John