From: George on
Clearly we are no good with email servers, so we come to the experts.

Centos 5.3, dbmail, postfix, pgsql. All up and running.

1. Outgoing mail works fine.
2. Incoming we get the
Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

virtual
queries return the 1 and empty per dbmail wiki instructions. Sounds like we
are missing something obvious but we have ran out of time.

Is anyone available to help us out get this server going?, we will be more than happy to compensate for time spent. - george

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 08:23:56PM -0700, George wrote:

> Clearly we are no good with email servers, so we come to the experts.

Also, not too strong on asking questions that can be answered. :-(

> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Don't remove log entries from their context. Show the full
log entry. You can mask address local parts, but leave
everything else unmodified and report the entire log entry.

The recipient domain is listed in $mydestination, but the recipient
address (neither user(a)domain, nor just "user") is not listed in
$local_recipient_maps.

--
Viktor.

From: George on
Thank you to all who replied with offers to help.
postfix does indeed work great out of the box with minimal configuration. Our dns related issue was fixed after a 45 minute investigation with one of you, thanks again - george