From: Boris Epstein on
Hi all,

Out printer was happy... until we got this error: 07,010.43:73178 .
Based on what little I managed to find on the web something seems
wrong with the printhead.

To this end, I've got a question: is there a good manual anywhere on
how to open up and disassemble these printers?

This or any other relevant advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Boris.
From: Paul on
Boris Epstein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Out printer was happy... until we got this error: 07,010.43:73178 .
> Based on what little I managed to find on the web something seems
> wrong with the printhead.
>
> To this end, I've got a question: is there a good manual anywhere on
> how to open up and disassemble these printers?
>
> This or any other relevant advice much appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Boris.

The claim is, the print head is supposed to be good for 1 million prints.
It is piezoelectric and shoots molten ink. It doesn't come in contact
with the drum or the paper. The print head shoots ink onto the drum,
and from there, the paper is pressed to the drum, to transfer the ink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_ink

http://www.imaging.org/ist/resources/tutorials/solid_ink.cfm

On an expensive printer like that, a qualified technician may be
a good investment. They'll have the tools and parts to fix it.

Paul

Pages: 1
Prev: Worst Brand IDE Hard Disk Drive
Next: Video Cables