From: AG on
With a freshly installed Xfmedia, whenever it is launched, it crashes
immediately with a "segmentation fault" message.

From the console, launched with debugging, this is the output:

AG(a)station:~$ xfmedia --debug --nofork
video_out: thread created
audio_out: thread created
xine_stream_new
Using netbios name STATION.
Using workgroup WORKGROUP.
Segmentation fault

Any thoughts on how to fix this, since the debugging doesn't give that
much info I can work with?

Thanks

AG

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM, AG <computing.account(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> With a freshly installed Xfmedia, whenever it is launched, it crashes
> immediately with a "segmentation fault" message.
>
> From the console, launched with debugging, this is the output:
>
> AG(a)station:~$ xfmedia --debug --nofork
> video_out: thread created
> audio_out: thread created
> xine_stream_new
> Using netbios name STATION.
> Using workgroup WORKGROUP.
> Segmentation fault
>
> Any thoughts on how to fix this, since the debugging doesn't give that much
> info I can work with?
Maybe this bug ?

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:41:46 +0100
AG <computing.account(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> With a freshly installed Xfmedia, whenever it is launched, it crashes
> immediately with a "segmentation fault" message.

Other people are having the same problem; I don't see a solution:

The Debian BTS should definitely be one of your first stops for this
sort of thing.

Celejar

Celejar wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:41:46 +0100
> AG <computing.account(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
>

>> With a freshly installed Xfmedia, whenever it is launched, it crashes
>> immediately with a "segmentation fault" message.
>>

> Other people are having the same problem; I don't see a solution:

> The Debian BTS should definitely be one of your first stops for this
> sort of thing.
>
> Celejar

Thanks Javier and Celejar - I thought that it was just my system, so
didn't think to check out the BTS.

Cheers for letting me know.

AG